Expyriment works with Python 2 and 3.
Expyriment depends on the following Python packages:
Additional Python packages, which are optional and only required for some features of Expyriment are:
- NumPy (>=1.6) (to use data preprocessing)
- mediadecoder (>=0.1) (to use enhanced video playback with support for various formats)
- sounddevice (>=0.3) (to use enhanced video playback with support for various formats with audio)
- PySerial (>=3.0) (to use serial port communication)
- PyParallel (>=0.2) (to use parallel port communication on Linux)
Please be aware that Expyriment plugins (extras) might have further dependencies.
Expyriment (and its dependencies) can be installed with pip:
pip install expyriment
To install with additional optional features, use
pip install expyriment[FEATURE]
FEATURE is one (or several, separated by commas) of:
- Data preprocessing and exporting
- Serial port communication
- Parallel port communication on Linux (for Windows, please install one of the following parallel port drivers instead: inpout32 or dlportio)
- Enhanced video playback with support for various formats
- All of the above
pip3 when using Python 3.